Saturday, October 02, 2004

The 36th Macau Grand Prix

The 36th Macau Grand Prix: "The 36th Macau Grand Prix: It was the Guia Race during the 36th Macau GP in 1990 that Masahiro Hasemi drove the Nissan Skyline GT-R to victory. And that was the first time I saw the Skyline R32 and iimmediately fell in love with it. I grew up with the Macau GP since that was the only circuit racing event I heard about the most and felt most attached to due to its venue, Macau, which is only 40 miles west of Hong Kong. There are drivers from Hong Kong, Japan and Europe competing in the event. Even the great drivers of Formula 1 drivers have once raced there in the Formula 3 event including the late Ayrton Senna, the world champion Michael Schumacher, Mika Hakkinen, and many other great F1 drivers. I have always dreamt about racing at the challenging Guia Circuit. The Nurburgring and the Monaco F1 circuit are the only two circuits in the world that I believe are comparable in terms of complexity and difficulty. The following videos will give you a little taste of what the circuit looks like from both in-car and out-car shots. Enjoy. Please notify me if there is copyright issue with the videos, I will gladly remove them from public viewing. I really have no idea where the clips come from." GO TO THE SITE TO DOWNLOAD THE VIDEOS