Thursday, November 24, 2005

Kubica's Macau Grand Prix

Kubica and returning to Formula 3 for the Macau Grand Prix World Series by Renault champion Robert Kubica has said that he has no regrets about returning to Formula Three for the Macau Grand Prix - even though he failed to win the event. Lucas di Grassi won the Macau Grand Prix by a fraction of a second over the Polish driver. But Kubica still believes the pace he showed more than justified his decision to temporarily return to F3. "We have shown to people that Honda are still quick enough to win races, Carlin Motorsport are quick enough to win races and I am quick enough to win races – even though I didn't drive F3 all year," he said. "People said I was crazy to want to come here, but I have shown that I can still drive an F3 car even when I wasn't driving all season." Kubica is due to test a Renault Formula One car next month, as a prize for winning the World Series, and is hoping the run will open up further opportunities for him next season. "I hope I will get some chance to test other cars," he said. "I hope we can get some good possibilities for next year – and that is the most important thing. I want to get a good seat for next season." from autosport...