Thursday, September 30, 2004

Feasting in Macau

Current commercial fishing news & information - Alaska Fisherman's JOURNAL: "Feasting in Macau Source: Sunday Mail; Kuala Lumpur Publication date: 2004-09-26 ALTHOUGH better known for being a gamblers' paradise, Macau left a lasting memory on VIJAYA KASINATHAN's tastebuds I'm not the adventurous kind where food is concerned. I'm also a fussy eater and quite conservative, in fact, down right boring when ordering meals. My friends pre-empt me all the time and do the ordering even before I can get my hands on the menu. I'm very predictable, they say. I must admit that when I was in Macau, I had visions of pork, duck and all forms of edible carnivores making its way to the table. What greeted me instead were scrumptious meals that left me thinking that I should call up some of my food-critic friends to recommend to them some restaurants that offer good Chinese and Portuguese meals. Macau offers that unique blend of Chinese, Portuguese, Italian, Brazillian and Macanese cuisines. I had a chance to sample some of these and it has been a culinary awakening. I had the best Chinese meal in my life; first-class Portuguese desserts and mouth-watering Macanese repast. "